Community Assistance applications are now open!
The Etheridge Shire Council Community Assistance funding is open to eligible organisations from the Georgetown, Forsayth, Einasleigh, Mt Surprise and Oak Park communities. To be eligible, Community organisation must provide services or events within the Shire.
The objectives of Council’s Community Assistance program(s) is to:-
- Support community based groups and organisations which provide programs, activities and projects that enrich the diversity of cultural and social opportunities available to the residents located in the Etheridge Shire region.
- Improve the capacity and well-being of the Etheridge Shire community.
- Increase and encourage active community participation.
- Improve infrastructure for community events.
The Community Assistance Program aims to provide a systematic and equitable process for allocating the following requests-
- Contributions - Special occasions with no restrictions on how the funds are spent on the event/occasion
- Sponsorship - Council will need acknowledgement and Council’s Logo displayed. Funds to be spent on the approved purpose.
- In-kind - Council will need acknowledgement and Council’s Logo displayed. In kind funds will be provided on approved items only.
- Infrastructure - Council will need acknowledgement and Council’s Logo displayed and an offer for branding rights. Funds are to be spent on approved items only.