Over recent years it has become clear that our current water usage across Queensland is not sustainable. Our water resources are under increasing pressure as a result of climate change, population growth and increasing customer demand. Etheridge Shire Council together with the State Government is taking steps to ensure we have sustainable water supply systems for future generations. In 2005, the Water Act 2000 was amended to include a requirement for all Water Service Providers in Queensland to prepare, and submit for registration, a Drought Management Plan (DMP) for each service area/authority area in which the service provider supplies water. Water restrictions do apply in all of the townships within the Etheridge Shire. Please see details below.
The level of water in Big Reef Dam is now above 3.5 metres. Under Etheridge Shire Council’s current Drought Management Plan this level is a trigger point for a change in restriction of water usage. Level 1 restriction will now apply to all water connections within the Forsayth Water Supply Scheme.
Notice is hereby given of water restrictions in accordance with the Local Government Act and the Water Act 2002 Section 388(1) Restricting water supply. The following restrictions are effective from midnight on Wednesday 19th December 2018
- Sprinklers allowed on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday between 5:00 am to 8:00 am and 5:00pm to 8:00pm only
- Micro spray and drip systems fitted with timers can be used between 7:00pm and 8:00am on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Sprinklers allowed Wednesday, Friday and Sunday between 5:00 am to 8;00 am and 5:00pm to 8:00pm only
- Micro spray and drip systems fitted with timers can be used between 7:00pm and 8:00am on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Hand held hoses, watering cans or buckets can be used at any time
BREACHES OF THESE RESTRICTIONS MAY RESULT IN A PENALTY
Base level 0 restrictions will now apply to all water connections within the GEORGETOWN WATER SUPPLY SCHEME. Notice is hereby given of water restrictions in accordance with the Local Government Act and the Water Act 2002 Section 388(1) Restricting water supply. Level 0 Water Restrictions are effective from midnight on Wednesday 19th of December 2018. Breaches of these restrictions may result in a penalty.
1. No sprinklers on Mondays.
2. Sprinklers allowed Tuesday to Sunday between the hours of 5.00 a.m. to 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
3. Attended hand held hoses permitted at any time except Mondays.
(Watering permitted 36 hrs per week)