Council seeks your help and support in the continued successful collection of household waste in Georgetown. Residents can help in the ongoing efficient collection of household waste by following a few simple rules:
- Don't overfill your bin as this causes problems in emptying bins with the truck's mechanism (and can also attract birds which pull rubbish out of bins).
- Bin lids should be closed properly at all times
- Break up or squash bulky items such as cardboard boxes before putting in the bin
- Bins must be placed at kerb or edge of bitumen roadway for collection
- Due to Council now permanently using the green garbage truck, bins should be placed with the pull handles / lid hinges facing the road.
- Items on the ground beside the bins will not normally be picked up
For Georgetown residents, green waste can be deposited at the green waste area at the Georgetown Landfill on the Forsayth Road. In the future, the green waste at the tip will be converted to mulch for use in the town.
Thursday is collection day for Georgetown Residents. For other towns within the Shire, residents are responsible for disposing of their rubbish at their town's landfill area. For further information contact the Council office.