Council seeks your support and help in the continued successful collection of household waste in Georgetown. Residents can help in the ongoing efficient collection of household waste through following a few simple rules:
- Don't overfill your bin as this causes problems in emptying bins with the truck's mechanism
- Bin lids should be closed properly at all times
- Break up or squash bulky items such as cardboard boxes before putting in bin
- Bins must be placed at kerb or edge of bitumen roadway for collection
- Items on the ground beside the bins will not normally be picked up
Green waste should be deposited at the green waste area at the Georgetown Landfill on the Forsayth Road. Council is aware that some residents have deposited green waste on land adjacent to town. This area is private land and Council will take whatever action necessary to discourage this activity. Thank you for your continued help and support.
Thursday is collection day for Georgetown Residents. For other towns within the Shire, residents are responsible for disposing of their rubbish at their town's landfill area. For further information contact the Council office.